NEW KINGSVILLE PLAZA LOCATION COMING SOON...
Q: IS PHYSIOTHERAPY AT GROSSI PHYSIOTHERAPY COVERED BY OHIP?
Q: DO I NEED A DOCTOR'S REFERRAL TO SEE A PHYSIOTHERAPIST?
- Yes! Physiotherapy services are covered for eligible patients by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (OHIP) under the Community Physiotherapy Clinic Service program.
To be eligible for treatment under this program a patient must be:
- Insured under the Ontario Health Insurance Plan
- Referred by a physician or nurse practitioner
- Aged 65 years and older or;
- Aged 19 years and younger or;
- Recently discharged as an inpatient of a hospital and a physician on the medical staff of the hospital determines that the insured person needs physiotherapy
- services that are directly connected to the condition, illness or injury for which the insured person was admitted to the hospital or; Be referred by a physician or nurse practitioner based on an assessment that the person requires physiotherapy services and be eligible for funding of services
- under the Ontario Disability Support (ODSP) or Ontario Works (OW) programs.
Q: HOW IS PHYSIOTHERAPY FUNDED?
- A doctor's referral is required for OHIP covered physiotherapy services.
Otherwise, a referral is not required to be assessed and treated by a
physiotherapist. However, your insurance company may require a doctor's referral
prior to reimbursing or covering the cost of treatments.
Q: HOW LONG IS EACH SESSION?
- Physiotherapy treatments at Grossi Physiotherapy are funded though the following sources:
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
- Automobile Insurance Policies
- Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (OHIP)
- Extended Health Care Plans
- Veterans' Affairs
Q: WHAT CAN I EXPECT ON MY FIRST VISIT?
- The initial assessment and treatment will typically take an hour however, you
should allow for additional time for administrative activities.
Q: HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
- You will be greeted by our administrative assistant who will collect some
information from you prior to the assessment. From there your therapist will
conduct a thorough history and examination. They will discuss their findings
with you and develop a treatment plan based on your goals for recovery. Finally,
an initial treatment will be provided.
Q: WHAT SHOULD I WEAR TO EACH VISIT?
- Each patient's injuries and recovery times are unique. Your therapist will
provide you with a treatment schedule based on their assessment findings and
always remain sensitive to your personal commitments and schedules.
- At each appointment please wear loose fitting clothing that allows for easy
access to the injured area. That is, if you sustained a leg injury wear shorts
and running shoes. If your injury requires you to disrobe, we will provide you
with a gown.
Answers To Your Most Common Health Questions
GROSSI PHYSIOTHERAPY | SERVING LEAMINGTON & AREA SINCE 1999